We're here for you. How can we help?
How do I register for a volunteer opportunity?
All available volunteer opportunities for upcoming NYRR events can be found in My NYRR. To see the list of current opportunities, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit My NYRR and log in or, if you are new to My NYRR, sign up for an account.
- Navigate to the Volunteer tab using the left-hand toolbar.
- You will see a list of our upcoming events that currently have volunteer opportunities available, which will include the TCS New York City Marathon and marquee events. Scroll down below the marquee events to find our weekly races listed in calendar order.
- Volunteer opportunities are typically posted four to six weeks before the event. If an upcoming race is not listed, then there are not currently any volunteer options available and we are unable to keep a waitlist. If a volunteer cancels their commitment it will appear automatically online.
- Click on the Volunteer button by the event you would like to sign up for.
- My NYRR will guide you through a two-step process to register for the volunteer opportunity.
- Once you have completed registration, an e-mail will be sent confirming the details of the opportunity you selected.
- Return to My NYRR at any time to review the details of your volunteer commitments at the top of the Volunteer page.
- To cancel a volunteer commitment, click on the Cancel button.
NOTE: If you are signing up for a volunteer role to qualify for the 9+1 Program, be sure to check that the volunteer opportunity is 9+1 eligible. Remember, to qualify for the 9+1 program, you must complete nine races and volunteer at one event within the same calendar year.