We're here for you. How can we help?
Signing up for a volunteer opportunity
All of the available volunteer opportunities for upcoming NYRR events can be found on My NYRR. To see the list of current opportunities, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit My NYRR and log in or, if you are new to My NYRR, sign up for an account.
- Navigate to the "Volunteer" tab using the left-hand toolbar.
- You will see a list of our upcoming events that currently have volunteer opportunities available, which will include the TCS New York City Marathon and United Airlines NYC Half.
- If an upcoming race is not listed then there are not currently any volunteers available. Our volunteer opportunities are typically posted 4-6 weeks before the event.
- Click on the "Volunteer" button by the event you would like to sign up for.
- My NYRR will guide you through a two-step process to register for the volunteer opportunity.
- Once you have completed registration, an e-mail will be sent confirming the details of the opportunity you selected.
- Return to My NYRR at any time to review the details of your volunteer commitments at the top of the "Volunteer" page.
- To cancel a volunteer commitment, simply click on the "Cancel" button.
NOTE: If you are signing up for a volunteer role to qualify for the 9+1 Program, be sure to check that the volunteer opportunity is 9+1 eligible. Remember, to qualify for the 9+1 program, you must complete 9 races and volunteer at one event within the same calendar year.